Diamonds and Signed Jewels to Lead Heritage Fall Auction
A ring featuring a pear-shaped, 8.38-carat diamond is the top item at Heritage Auctions’ upcoming jewelry sale.
The H-color, VS1-clarity gem is mounted in platinum and flanked by pear-shaped diamonds weighing a total of 0.85 carats. It’s expected to fetch up to $225,000 at the Fall Fine Jewelry sale on September 28.
The 325-lot sale is led by colorless and fancy-colored diamonds, a variety of vintage and contemporary jewels, signed pieces, and colored gems, the Dallas, Texas-based company said on Monday.
The event is open for online bidding.
Standout items include the following:
- A platinum ring featuring a round, brilliant-cut, 5.20-carat diamond flanked by tapered baguette-cut diamonds, with an estimate of $115,000 to $135,000.
- An Edwardian-era ring with a 6.86-carat circular brilliant-cut diamond mounted in platinum that is topped by European- and single-cut diamonds. Its predicted price range is $75,000 to $100,000.
- A gold ring bearing an oval-shaped, 8.84-carat unheated Burma spinel surrounded by round brilliant cut diamonds that’s set to realize up to $90,000.
- An 18-karat white gold necklace with round brilliant and full-cut diamonds weighing a combined 46.76 carats. The auction house expects it to bring in $50,000 to $70,000.
- A William Lowe platinum necklace with more than 13 carats of full- and baguette-cut diamonds; and approximately 17.50 carats of cushion-shaped sapphires. It carries an estimate of $30,000 to $40,000.
- An Oscar Heyman platinum and 18-karat gold necklace, circa 1980, with 24.81 carats of full-cut diamonds, which could achieve as much as $40,000.
- A David Webb textured 18-karat gold bracelet featuring turquoise cabochons, with an upper price of $30,000.
- An Oscar Heyman Art Deco platinum bracelet with more than 22 carats of baguette-, full- and shield-cut diamonds. Its estimate is $20,000 to $30,000.
- A Cartier Retro platinum ring featuring an emerald-cut, 33.50-carat aquamarine that’s expected to sell for $18,000 to $22,000.
Image: The ring featuring an 8.38-carat diamond. (Heritage Auctions)